April 21, 2020
Your home’s WiFi network will undoubtedly hit a snag every now and then. But there’s no need to panic. Many common WiFi problems can be easily fixed, so hang onto this article for future reference.
- Move your router to its ideal position. For the best signal and coverage, put your router in an open space near the center of your home. The further away you are from your router, the slower your speeds will be. Keep it away from thick walls made of brick or concrete, and make sure it’s not around metal items, which can reflect WiFi signals.
- Protect your WiFi network. If someone nearby is leeching off your network, it can slow down your internet speeds. Set up security for your WiFi network that includes a password.
- Upgrade your internet plan. Your current internet plan may not be fast enough to support all the users and devices in your home, regardless of how well placed and secured your router may be. If so, you may need a speed upgrade.
- Pull the plug. Periodically, something glitches and the router or modem (or combination) just stop communicating. There isn’t always an explanation. It just happens. Try disconnecting your router and modem from power, wait at least 30 seconds, then plug them back in.
- Contact your ISP. If the above fix doesn’t work, it’s possible your internet service provider is dealing with a system outage.
WiFi Doesn’t Reach Certain Rooms
- Get a new router. If you’ve already positioned your router in the best location within your home – described above – and are still experiencing poor signals in some areas, you may need to buy or lease a more powerful router.
- Add a wireless signal extender. If your home is larger than about 3,000 square feet, getting good WiFi signal throughout can be a challenge. Multistory homes can also be difficult if the router isn’t plugged into the broadband line somewhere on the middle level. These situations may call for a wireless signal extender.
Eliminate your WiFi worries and spend more time connecting with WiFi Connect. With Alpine WiFi Connect, you’ll receive:
- A robust, whole-home WiFi solution so you can connect the way you want to
- Our local expert will install WiFi in your home and customize based on your needs
- Installation of an advanced router that’s able to support all of your devices so you can connect – without limits
- Learn more about Alpine WiFi Connect now
Article Courtesy of The Cornerstone GroupYes, I Want to Learn More About WiFi Connect →